English Short Sword
- Total length: 85.5 cm Blade length: 68 cm Grip length: 11 cm Weight: 1.29 kg
- Blade thickness (base): 4.0 mm
- Blade thickness (CoP): 3.8 mm
- Blade width (base): 6.5 cm
- Blade width (CoP): 4.2 cm
- Point of Balance (PoB): 9 cm
- Center of Percussion (CoP): 25.5 cm
- Oakeshott type: XIV
We will only deliver this product to a legal adult.
Our English short sword – an Oakeshott type XIV – is exactly the kind of edged weapon that meets these expectations. We call it "English" because the vast majority of the pictures from 13th century England show warriors with exactly this type of sword. The very wide blade made of hand forged carbon steel has a deep fuller that almost runs its entire length. This blade shape is echoed in the mighty cinquedea of the Italian Renaissance. A bowed crossguard with langets marks the transition from the one handed grip made of hardwood, which is wrapped with plied metal wire. The heavy, nut-shaped pommel gives the sword its excellent balance.
The sword comes with a genuine leather scabbard featuring a chape and mount.
- English short sword, 2-piece
- With two handed sword
- With leather scabbard